Our awnings are manufactured using the highest quality materials available. They give exceptional service in exchange for reasonable care.
Wind, dirt, standing water and neglect are the major enemies of a fabric awning. As with anything exposed to the elements daily some care and maintenance is suggested. No one can control the weather but you can take some important steps to lengthen the life your fabric:
CLEANING: Depending on what your awning is exposed to, periodic cleaning may be necessary.
- Brush off loose dirt
- Hose down
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Ivory Snow, Woolite or Dawn Dish Soap (no detergents)
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean
- Rinse thoroughly
- Air Dry
STANDING WATER/PUDDLING: During heavy rains or on older awnings, water may puddle on patio canopies. To avoid stretching the fabric:
- Once storm has passed, use the soft/bristle end of a broom to push up on the underneath of awning where water is trapped. Water should run off the canopy end.
- If puddles persist during light rain have your awning checked by a company representative.
- Check gutters. Clogged gutters can dump large quantities of water causing undue stress to fabric and lace cord